Herbal Supplements Are Being Used More Than Ever. Why?
With today’s ever changing busy lifestyles, it is very ‘normal’ to neglect our health. Our routines may not allow us to go on a walk, go to the gym or do yoga every morning or even follow a healthy and balanced diet. This can lead to various deficiencies in our body or bring on a new ailment such as migraines, shortness of breath, or elevate cholesterol. With this comes the need to take medication or supplements that can help to control or manage the condition. For instance, taking herbal supplements for lung health is a good way to treat damaged to lungs due to pollution or asthma.
A lot of people these days are shifting toward herbal supplements because of the advantages they offer. Although this has become quite a trend, there are still a lot of people who are not aware of the amazing benefits of natural herbal remedies. Here are just a few of these benefits to your body and mind:
- Fewer side effects: There are various medicines that might not suit everybody because of the ingredients or chemicals compositions they are made from. This is where people feel side effects as the body tries to cleanse itself. This is not the case when using herbal supplements. Herbs will only give us side effects if taken in excessive amounts.
- Boosts immunity: Herbal supplements such as ashwagandha or Licorice are said to increase an individual’s immunity. And if your body is healing, it means the supplements are acting on boosting your immune system as a support system. Once your immunity has been boosted, you also get symptomatic relief, especially when one is fighting allergies.
- A cost-effective option: With our excessive working and hectic lifestyles, we tend to visit the doctor more often which becomes more expensive as the years go by. A more long term plan and ‘pocket friendly’ solution are ayurvedic herbal supplements. They don’t just treat your body, but help to cleanse and strengthen the entire system, especially into older age when the body is more mature and weaker.
- Easily available: Thanks to the internet you can pretty much find all commercial herbal ingredients in many forms like pills, powders or Liposomal liquid. It is very common to now find peppermint, ashwagandha, triphala, basil, chamomile, garlic, honey, ginger etc in herbal supplements. Fun fact: A few of the above mentioned supplements are an effective support for cold, flu, pain, etc.
- Works on chronic diseases: Herbal supplements, show effective results on chronic diseases as they have been used in natural medicine for thousands of years in both Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine. Chronic disease is a health condition that may be persistent, long lasting or a disease that comes over time. A few examples are forms of arthritis, cancer and diabetes. Because of the composition of herbal supplements they are proven to be effective in treating chronic diseases, especially over a long period.
The effectiveness of the delivery system is also very important. When taking herbal supplements consider using Liposomal liquid formulas as herbs and delivery systems like herbal ashwagandha pills, are much slower to absorb into the system.
While herbal supplements are beneficial to your body, we still recommend consulting your medical practitioner if they are a part of your decision making when it comes to your health.
If you wish to know more about ayurvedic herbal supplements, you can browse our website blog and pages.